You wake up in the morning and find your eyeglasses somewhere in your bed. The temples are a bit skewed, the lenses are not as clear as they should be, but it is fine for the first coffee. Anyway, you just quickly clean the lenses with your shirt and start the day. Sounds familiar? In this case, this post is for you!
To ensure that your glasses keep their original condition for a long time, it is important to take care of them. You don’t have to overthink it, you just need to keep a few important things in mind. In this video, I will show you how to clean your glasses properly, how to store them correctly and I also show you some important do-s and don’t-s.
My top 5 tips which will keep your glasses or sunglasses in a good condition for a long time:
- To wash your glasses on a daily basis, use dishwasher liquid instead of soap. It also should be lotion-free, otherwise there will be a rest layer on the lens and you can’t clean them perfectly.
- Avoid using hot water, it could damage the lens. (Hot air can do the same.)
- Make sure that the cloth that you use is perfectly clean. (Dust or other contaminations can scratch the lens.)
- You can and should wash the cloth (microfiber or smooth wave cotton cloth) regularly in the washing machine.
- To have an intensive yet gentle cleaning put your glasses once a month in an ultrasonic cleaner. If you don’t have such a device at home, ask your optician to do so. It is usually part of the service.
To see all my tips and recommendations, check out my video:
Is there anything in the video which you find useful but you haven’t known until know? Please, let me know!
In my next post I am going to show you the latest sunglasses-trends, so stay tuned. 😉
My previous posts:
Wie werden Brillen hergestellt? – Zu Besuch bei der Brillenmanufaktur Arte & Gifre – Video
Welche Farbe steht dir? – Meine Tipps für die perfekte Brillenauswahl
Top 5 Brands – Meine lieblings-Brillenmarken, die du kennen solltest