ILIAS is the learning platform of the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts. Lecturers upload teaching materials to ILIAS, which is then digitally accessible to students at all times. Students form working groups and submit their coursework in a password-protected environment.
ILIAS may be used
- to create new and share existing learning modules
- for online storage of audio, video and image files
- to share documents
- to conduct tests and surveys for self-assessment or as assessed assignments/exams
- to submit exercises
- for collaboration (web meetings, chat, email, working groups, administration of notes, etc.)
- for live surveys (Audience Response System)
While this impressive range of features is a great strength, using them to the full extent does require a degree of training. Find more information in the official documentation on the website of the ILIAS association.