Useful Tips and Links for Entrepreneurs and Start-ups
- Download the SMART-UP IDEATION BOOKLET (in German) and develop your business model according to the Lean Canvas method
- The start-up version of the business model Canvas: LEAN CANVAS and its blog
- Business Model CANVAS and more: Business Model Generation
- How to Become an Entrepreneur: the movie about the module Start-up Businessplan at Lucerne School of Business
- cofoundme: the platform for matching skills with ideas – this is where start-ups meet their team-members!
- Geschäftspartner.ch: Looking for a business partner or a business idea? This online platform for active or future entrepreneurs, start-ups and investors helps you to find your team and/or to find the start-up idea you want to commit yourself to.
- Meet experts, start-ups and like-minded people at our SMART-UP Events!
- Startup Weekends: no talk, all action – launch a start-up in 48 hours!
- Valuable lessons learned from people whose start-up projects failed: FUN
Guides, Tutorials and Start-up Platforms
- The handbook for setting up your own company: gründen3 – das Gründer-ABC
- KMU Business World: Swisscom’s service site for start-ups, entrepreneurs and self-employed people. Pragmatic tips for establishing your own company!
- Helpful blog, free start-up courses as well as consulting on the founding process, on legal questions, taxes, business plans etc – Startups.ch!
- Useful checklists, factsheets and templates: Startup Praxis.
- Federal website for entrepreneurs and founders
- IFJ: The focal point in the Swiss start-up scene
- Startupticker.ch: News and information from the start-up scene
Coaching & Training
- SMART-UP: Individual coachings on specific topics by experts
- CTI Entrepreneurship: 4 modules on the way to your own company
- InnovationTransfer Central Switzerland: the regional hub for linking science to industry
- Business Promotion Lucerne supports new companies in the Canton of Lucerne
- Genilem Central Switzerland coaches and accompanies you on your way to the market entrance
- Which financing options exist? What are the pros and cons? Get an overview over the different financing options for start-ups (in German)! Source: Project Study „Alternative Finanzierungsformen von Start-ups“ by Kim Aggeler, Lucca Casutt, Kevin Hilkersberger, Mariya Ilieva and Jasmin Käser, May 2015 – many thanks!
- Pitch and kick-start your business idea? An overview of start-up awards and a list of business plan challenges in Switzerland
- Venture Kick: Generate up to CHF 130’000 and establish important ties within the start-up Scene!
- A swarm of Investors? Was steckt dahinter? Read this post about Crowdfunding (in German) or the current Crowdfunding Monitoring Switzerland, published by the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts. Plus: a list of crowdfunding platforms in Switzerland
- Find your angel! Business angels and potential investors in Switzerland
- Have you found an investor? Download the respective templates for Term Sheets and Investment Agreements at SECA (in English).
- CTI Invest: The financing platform for high-tech start-ups
- BRIDGE, a new joint program conducted by the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) and the Commission for Technology and Innovation (CTI), offers new funding opportunities for innovative researchers.
- The exclusive Smart-up guide on legal hotspots for start-ups by Ueli Grüter, attorney and lecturer: Rechtliche Hotspots für Start-ups (in German)
- Plc., Ltd., Inc.? This e-book helps you choose the right legal form
- Intellectual Property – protect creativity and Innovation! Useful brochure by the Swiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property: Envisioned. Created. Protected.
- Read all about Social Security in this guide (in German, French, Italian).
Tools & Infrastructure
- More than 300 useful and free tools for current and future start-ups – tips & tricks, design-tools (logo creator, free stock photos, …), work organization apps, and many more…
- Co-working space, separate offices and access to infrastructure in the Smart-up Hubs Lucerne and Horw
- Co-working spaces and support in Neubad Lucerne, Raumbörse Lucerne, MicroPark Pilatus, BusinessPark Zug, Technopark Lucerne and Kreativfabrik 62.
- Private-cloud solutions for start-ups: Tura Server GmbH, originally a start-up founded by students of the Lucerne Unviersity of Applied Sciences and, today, a full-service IT-agency, offers a 10% discouns for start-ups on their starter-package. The Tura 360° package includes e-mail-administration, webhosting and .ch-domains.
- Abstracts of literature on entrepreneurship: getAbstract (login with your HSLU-account)
- Local, national and international studies on entrepreneurship: